The Green Will Close On Sunday 27th September
Hope all that were able to play enjoyed their short season here’s hoping we all can play next season
Good News at Last
We have just received a grant of £10,000 from Buckinghamshire County Council!!
This has come from a fund provided by central government and administered by County Councils to assist Sports Clubs such as ours to survive the problems incurred by loss of income due to the Coronavirus. There appear to be no restrictions on what we decide to spend it on, so we will just need to use it wisely.
Many thanks to Geoff for securing this for us.
Hello everyone hope you are keeping safe and well. Here is an update on the Coronavirus versus bowlers.
The green will be available to play from Monday 1st June.The green is open under the guidelines issued by Bowls England, please read and make sure you are happy to play with these constraints
If anyone needs another copy let Bob Dunham know
As you know the government are continually revising conditions etc, we do not intend to amend the rules for play unless there are significant changes.
So in addition to the BE guidelines here are our local additions.
1. We can only have a maximum of 3 rinks used at any one time. As we have 12 who wish to play we need to have a booking process. Gail Trew has kindly agreed to take the bookings and can be reached on 01296688520 or by email.
2. There is general advice that over 70's should stay home. This is advice and not compulsory, therefore for anyone in this group it is your decision to play.
3. Sanitisation materials will be provided but if you can bring your own hand sanitiser that will help. Please note the BE recommendations for sanitisation.
4. When booking a rink you will need to allow enough time to prepare to bowl and to clear up afterwards. We recommend arriving 20mins ahead of start and vacating the green 20mins
after stopping play. If you arrive early please stay away from the green until your allotted time.
5. Toilets will be open but the changing rooms cannot be used. Please disinfect after use.
The clubhouse can be opened for access to keys but must not be used for social interaction.
6. Only paid up members are permitted to play, please contact Ray if you haven’t paid yet and agree how to do this. Social members need to pay the usual £3 rink fee but we do not want to collect cash so an honesty system will be used and any monies owed must be paid at the end of the season or when the green is fully open.
Please note regular watering will be done by John G so bookings will be advised to him to avoid any clashes
Hope this is clear and good luck with your bowling.
Membership: We wish to thank all members who have already paid their annual subscriptions for 2020; we have received well over half so far. Although it is not clear when we all can bowl again this season, we are hoping that the remaining subscriptions will also be paid, as this money will be needed to meet the fixed costs over the coming months. This may make the difference between survival and failure of the Bowls Club, as without the additional income from matches and bar sales our funds will soon reduce.
Maintenance: Turfcare are due to cut the green once more in the near future, but after that John Downes has kindly agreed to do further cutting as necessary. However, some urgent treatment i.e. weedkilling and moss killing by Turfcare will be needed. Thanks to all who volunteered their services for other maintenance tasks, please be patient, you will still be needed before too long.
Information: We will send out all updates by e-mail and also on the Club website Where necessary members who are not online will be contacted by phone.
Meanwhile, if you have any further questions please contact Bob Dunham, Ray Anderson
No news from Parish Council all on hold at the moment